Back to Top
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 birds eye chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup Thai basil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion until meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add red pepper, garlic, and chilies, and cook until fragrant, about 2 more minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and zest, and basil, and cook until basil starts to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Garnish with green onion and serve over rice. Enjoy!
- Note: Can sub sriracha sauce for chilies if desired.