Back to Top
Healthy Organic Quinoa Tabouli Salad with Tomato and Cucumber
- 1/2 cup quinoa, bulgur wheat, or faro
- 1/4 cup green lentils
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine quinoa, lentils and water in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes, or until quinoa has puffed and absorbed all water and lentils are tender. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Remove quinoa from heat and let cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine tomato, cucumber and cooled quinoa and lentils. Add parsley and mint.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over veggies and quinoa and toss together gently until combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to give flavors a chance to develop and blend.