Back to Top
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease 1-2 9×5-inch loaf pans with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and allspice, if using. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes, or until fluffy and lightened in color.
- Beat eggs into butter mixture one at a time, then mix in vanilla extract.
- Alternate between mixing in dry ingredients and pumpkin and sour cream, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Once batter is fully incorporated, pour into 1-2 loaf pans, then place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out mostly clean.