Back to Top
- 1 (9 oz.) package frozen spinach
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, optional
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature, cubed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat butter in a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened. 6-8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, then add spinach and cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until wilted.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and cayenne, then sprinkle in all-purpose flour, stirring until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour in lemon juice and chicken broth, then add chopped artichokes and bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and cream cheese cubes, then stir until cream cheese is melted and soup is smooth, then stir in parmesan cheese.
- Once melted and incorporated, transfer soup to serving bowls and serve hot.