Back to Top
- 1 envelope (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- dried basil, for topping
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated, for topping
- Line the insert of a 6-qt slow cooker with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yeast, water, and sugar, and stir to combine.
- Add flour, olive oil, pesto, and salt, and stir until a shaggy dough starts to form.
- Remove dough to a floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in parchment-lined slow cooker. Sprinkle evenly with dried basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Bottom should be golden brown and internal temperature should read 200°F.
- If you desire a more browned effect on the top, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and broil in oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack 20 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!