Back to Top
- For the chicken:
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 2 limes
- For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Whisk together sauce ingredients (water, honey, lime juice and zest, olive oil, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg, and allspice) together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and add in bell peppers, red onion, black beans, and corn.
- Pour sauce over everything, then cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Optional: broil chicken for 3-5 minutes, or until browned.