Back to Top
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (28 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 oz.) package penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, as needed
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, stir together crushed tomatoes, diced onion, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes, then pour into slow cooker and stir until chicken is fully coated.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Remove and shred chicken, then return to slow cooker, along with cooked pasta.
- Stir everything together, then top with cheeses.
- Cover slow cooker and cook for another 10-20 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Top with parsley and serve hot.