Back to Top
- 5 pounds Russet or Yukon potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Add potatoes, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1 cup vegetable broth to slow cooker. Cook on High for 3 hours or Low for 6 hours.
- Add garlic, Greek yogurt, and 5 tablespoons butter and begin to mash the potatoes, either with a potato masher or with an electric hand mixer.
- Slowly pour in milk and continue to mix until potatoes are smooth and creamy in texture.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish. Melt reserved butter (about 3 tablespoons) and drizzle over top of potatoes. Garnish with chopped chives and coarse black pepper.