Back to Top
- 3 cups mashed potatoes, leftover or store-bought
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can French onion soup, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 (1.4 oz.) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can french cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2/3 can French onion soup, mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and flour, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Season with mustard powder, onion powder and garlic powder, then mix in ketchup, water and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season beef and cook in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until browned, then stir in 1/3 French onion soup. Drain fat, if necessary.
- Transfer beef to prepared 9×13 and spread into an even layer, then spread soup mixture on top.
- Gently place green beans on top of soup mixture, then spread mashed potatoes on top.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.