Back to Top
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the top off each head of garlic, exposing the cloves but leaving the head connected. Drizzle garlic with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake until cloves are soft and golden, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven. Once hot, add onion and carrot and cook until soft, 5-6 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, broth, thyme, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered until vegetables are tender, 20-25 minutes.
- When garlic is done roasting, squeeze from cloves and add to pot to simmer.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree mixture until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve. Enjoy!