Back to Top
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1.0 oz.) package dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cheddar cheese or cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- real bacon bits, garnish, optional
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and sauté onion, carrot and celery for 8-10 minutes, or until softened.
- Season with salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, ranch seasoning and paprika.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, then stir in chicken broth and condensed soup.
- Stir in chicken and rice, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked.
- Add bacon bits, then taste and adjust seasoning, if desired. Serve hot.