Back to Top
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced ¼-inch rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-6 large dill pickles, finely diced or shredded
- ½ cup pickle juice
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large stockpot. Sauté onions, celery, carrots, until just softened.
- Add garlic and stir frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, diced pickles, pickle juice, and diced potatoes to stockpot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes have softened.
- Stir in sour cream and fresh dill. Continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper, more to taste.