Back to Top
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar, and white sugar and cream with an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- Add eggs one at a time to the butter/sugar mixture, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and increase mixer speed until thoroughly incorporated.
- With mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and chill dough in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto parchment lined sheets and bake until golden brown and puffy, about 13 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through. Enjoy!