Back to Top
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Torani peppermint syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1-2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (6 oz.) box candy canes, crushed, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease two 9-inch cake pans with butter or non-stick spray.
- Place cake mix in a large bowl and whisk in water, eggs, vegetable oil, peppermint syrup and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly and pour into greased cake pans, then place in oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For the frosting, beat butter in a large bowl until fluffy, then gradually beat in powdered sugar and peppermint extract.
- Working with one tablespoon at a time, mix in milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Once cake is cooled, frost cake, then take crushed candy canes and gently press into top and sides of cake.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!