Back to Top
- 12 eggs
- 1 bag (30 oz.) frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish or 4 8×4-inch loaf pans.
- In a large skillet, cook breakfast sausage over medium heat. When barely pink, add onions and continue to cook until soft and translucent, 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat to cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk until combined. Add rosemary and thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add sausage and onions and stir to combine. Fold in hash browns and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish(es) and top with remaining cheddar cheese. Cover dishes with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place in the fridge to sit overnight.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 45-60 minutes for 9×13-inch dish, 30-45 minutes for 8×4-inch loaf pans.
- Allow to sit 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!