Back to Top
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened and divided; 1/2 cup for bread, 1/4 cup for frosting
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided; 1 teaspoon for bread and 1 teaspoon for frosting
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pans.
- Cream 1/2 cup of butter with 1 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, eggs, and pumpkin puree and stir until just combined.
- Sift together four, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and stir until fully incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between loaf pans. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Cool pumpkin loaves completely before pouring frosting on top.