Back to Top
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 large carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10.25 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup prunes, diced
- 2 pears, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- kosher salt, as needed
- couscous, for serving
- Place chicken thighs, carrots, onion and chickpeas in slow cooker, then top with tomatoes, prunes, pears and garlic.
- Season with cumin, paprika, black pepper, cinnamon and salt, then cover slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours (or on low for 4-5 hours), or until chicken is tender, then shred chicken.
- Serve hot with couscous and enjoy.