Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can refrigerated flaky-style biscuits (such as Pillsbury Grands®)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, and cook the onion, celery, and carrots until the celery and carrots are tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peas, parsley, thyme and flour, and cook, stirring constantly, until the flour coats the vegetables and begins to fry about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth and half-and-half, and cook until the sauce is thick and bubbling.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and mix in the chicken meat.
- Transfer the chicken, vegetables, and sauce into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange biscuits on top of the filling. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk with water; brush egg yolk on the biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the biscuits are golden brown and the pie filling is bubbling 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 577 | Total Fat: 31.2g | Cholesterol: 120mg