Back to Top
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 ½ cup fresh (or frozen and thawed) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, and lemon zest and beat until creamy. Add vanilla, eggs, and buttermilk, and mix until well combined.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture, ⅓ at a time, stirring each time until all of flour mixture is added and batter is smooth. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a cake tester or wooden skewer comes out clean from the center.
- Cool completely before slicing to serve.