Back to Top
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into squares
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into squares
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, 1/4 cup juices reserved
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- green onion, chopped on diagonal, garnish
- 2+ cups white rice, for serving
- Pour coconut oil into Instant Pot and set to sauté. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and jerk seasoning and brown on both sides.
- Add bell peppers, coconut milk, pineapple chunks and soy sauce, then close lid and seal vent.
- Press poultry button or set manually to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally, then open lid.
- In a small bowl, whisk together reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch to form a slurry.
- Stir into Instant Pot, then sauté for 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Serve hot with white rice and green onion.