Back to Top
- 2/3 cup beef or chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat and cut into large chunks
- 3 bay leaves
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, chipotles, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and cloves until well combined. Set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to ‘Saute’ mode and add olive oil to the insert. Once hot, add beef and sear until well browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Press ‘Cancel’ and add vinegar sauce and broth, and top with bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Close lid and set valve to ‘Sealing.’ Select ‘Manual’ mode at High Pressure for 60 minutes.
- When cooking cycle ends, turn vent to ‘Venting’ and allow pressure to release.
- When valve has dropped, remove and discard bay leaves. Using two forks, shred beef into bite-sized pieces and stir to coat in juices.
- Serve in tacos, burritos, or burrito bowls. Enjoy!