Back to Top
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 3/4 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9-inch pie pan with butter or nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a small skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the onion until soft and translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, ham, onion, flour, and baking powder. Spread mixture into pie dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and half-and-half until well combined. Season liberally with salt and pepper and pour over ingredients in pie pan.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Enjoy!