Back to Top
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless butterflied chicken breasts
- 1 (8 oz.) package baby carrots, sliced in half (lengthwise)
- 4 cups broccoli florets, halved
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups water, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Start sauce by whisking together cornstarch and 1/2 cup water to make a slurry, then set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together brown sugar, garlic, ginger, onion powder, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Bring mixture to a boil, while stirring continuously, then stir in cornstarch slurry.
- Stir and cook for another 8-10 minutes, or until sauce has thickened, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425º F and place chicken breasts on a large baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, then arrange carrots, broccoli and snow peas around the chicken.
- Pour 1 cup honey garlic sauce over chicken and veggies, tossing everything until it’s evenly coated, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and top with more sauce and more sesame seeds, if desired. Serve hot and enjoy.