Back to Top
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles
- 12 small corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Green onion, sliced, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add flour and allow to cook for one minute, whisking constantly.
- Stir in milk and chicken broth, whisking quickly to prevent any clumps. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin. Continue cooking until mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, green chiles, and onion.
- Line prepared baking dish with half of the tortilla strips. Top with half of the shredded chicken, followed by half of the cheese.
- Pour half of the sour cream mixture evenly over the top and layer with remaining tortillas, remaining chicken, and remaining sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top, and bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 35-45 minutes. Garnish with sliced green onion and enjoy!