1 lb. penne
extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 lb. boneless chicken breasts
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 c. half and half (or whole milk)
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 c. pitted Kalamata olives, halved
1 cucumber, chopped
1/4 c. Chopped fresh dill
Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne until al dente according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add enough olive oil to the coat the bottom of the skillet. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper, and oregano. When the oil is heated and shimmering, add chicken. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and golden, 6-8 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Add more oil if skillet is dry then stir in garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add half and half, cream cheese, and crumbled feta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cheeses have melted. Stir in lemon juice and zest then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, cucumber and dill. Toss until evenly combined.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.