- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened or melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 oz. milk chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup kraft caramel bits
- 1 recipe coconut pecan frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Melt baking chocolate by placing in microwave safe bowl and microwaving on medium for 1 minute, then in 30 second intervals stirring after each one, until melted.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl for brownies (sugar through vanilla), and mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool. While cooling, make frosting.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute. Drizzle to cover cooled brownies.
- Melt caramel bits in the microwave for 1 minute. Drizzle over chocolate layer.
- Top with coconut pecan frosting. You may need to place in the fridge to harden.
- Enjoy the gloriousness!
Coconut Pecan Frosting
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla in large saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 12 minutes. Make sure to stir consistently for at least 10 minutes!
- Add coconut and pecans.
- Beat until thick enough to spread.
- Pour over your favorite brownie or cake.
- You can place in the refrigerator to harden a bit.