Back to Top
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3-lb chuck roast
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 (28 oz) bottle barbecue sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season roast liberally with salt and pepper, rubbing the seasoning in on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over high heat. Sear roast on all sides, remove from heat and arrange onions around the roast.
- Stir together barbecue sauce, chili powder, and garlic and pour over roast.
- Cover and bake until meat is fork tender, about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.