Back to Top
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3 eggs, divided and beaten
- 4 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 8 oz baby Bella mushrooms, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the beef, 2 of the eggs, breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, Worcestershire, salt, and black pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until soft and onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and red wine and cook until liquid has reduced. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Dust a piece of parchment paper with flour, and roll puff pastry sheet to 1/4-inch thickness. Spread mushroom mixture out evenly in center of puff pastry, leaving a border of at least 1 1/2 inches on all sides.
- Form beef into a meatloaf shape and place in center of puff pastry. Fold over longer sides of pastry, brushing with beaten egg to seal. Trim remaining ends if necessary, then brush with egg was and fold ends over to seal in beef.
- Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Brush top with remaining beaten egg and make a few slits in the top of the pastry. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce heat to 375°F and bake 25 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 165-174°F.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!