Back to Top
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 green cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 (32 oz.) cartons (6 cups) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and sauté carrot, onion, bell pepper and celery for 6-8 minutes, or until softened.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, then stir in paprika, oregano and thyme.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, then stir in tomato paste, cooking for 2 minutes, or until fully incorporated.
- Pour in diced tomatoes and vegetable broth, then stir in bay leaves and rosemary sprigs.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 20 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley, then taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Transfer to serving bowls and enjoy.