Back to Top
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 (4 oz) cans chopped chilis
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 (10.5 oz) can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5 oz) can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 10 tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet and sauté onions and bell peppers over medium-high heat until softened. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Season onion and garlic mixture with oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine. Add green chilis with juice.
- Add in both soups with 1 cup of chicken broth. Whisk until well combined.
- Place ⅓ of the sliced tortilla strips into bottom of prepared baking dish. Pour over the tortillas ⅓ of the prepared sauce and top with ⅓ of the shredded chicken. Spread ⅓ of the shredded cheese over top of the chicken followed by ⅓ of the green onions. Repeat this layering process two more times, until all of the tortillas, sauce, chicken, and cheese have been used.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until casserole is heated through the center, sauce begins to bubble, and cheese is melted and just golden.