Back to Top
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup half and half
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, add potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes, then return to stock pot.
- Mash potatoes lightly, then add butter, cream cheese, garlic and onion powder, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mash potatoes until mostly smooth, then gradually add half and half in, until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve hot and enjoy.