Back to Top
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 oz) fruit pie filling (apple, cherry, peach, blueberry, blackberry, etc.)
- Sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and mix, and then flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk gradually, mixing until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pie plate and pour pie filling into the center of batter. (Don’t let it spread out further than 1-inch from the edge.)
- Sprinkle top evenly with sugar and bake until edges are browned and dough is set, 35-40 minutes.