Back to Top
- 1 (2.75 oz.) bag popcorn, popped
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 oz. almond bark or white melting chocolate
- Preheat oven to 250º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine popped popcorn and pecans in a large bowl.
- In a separate, microwaveable bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, then add corn syrup and butter.
- Microwave mixture for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave for another 2 minute, or until bubbly.
- Carefully remove from microwave, then stir in vanilla extract and baking soda. (It should bubble and foam up, that’s normal).
- Pour mixture over popcorn and pecans, tossing until everything is evenly coated, then transfer to lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place almond bark or melting chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and microwave in 30-second increments until melted and smooth. Drizzle over popcorn, then let set. Break into pieces and enjoy!