Back to Top
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and, optional, line a square baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar together until combined, then remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg, and set aside.
- Once brown sugar butter mixture has cooled slightly, mix it into flour mixture, then beat in eggs one at a time and stir in vanilla extract.
- After everything’s been incorporated, pour mixture into (lined) baking sheet.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes.
- For the topping: combine sugar and cinnamon and nutmeg, if using, in a small bowl.
- Brush blondies with melted butter, then top with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Remove from baking dish, slice, serve and enjoy!