Back to Top
- 2 hearts of romaine, shredded or roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound salami, sliced and cut into small squares
- 1/2 pound pepperoni, diced into squares
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, thinly sliced and cut into squares
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 oz.) package marinated mini mozzarella balls
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into strips
- 1 cup sliced banana peppers or pepperoncini peppers
- 1 cup white onion, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar, optional
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Prepare dressing first by whisking together red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, basil, brown sugar (if using), salt and pepper together in a measuring cup or spouted bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place chopped romaine, salami, pepperoni, provolone, parmesan, mozzarella, cucumber, bell pepper, onion and banana peppers in a large bowl.
- Drizzle 3/4 cup dressing over the top then toss together and let sit at least 20 minutes before serving, giving flavors a chance to build and blend together. Reserve remaining dressing for guests to serve themselves.