Back to Top
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 cups cubed challah or brioche
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Place butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds. Stir until creamy, set aside to cool.
- Coat the slow cooker with cooking spray and pour in bread cubes and hazelnuts.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, half and half, hazelnut spread, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon, stirring to combine.
- Add chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour the egg/chocolate mixture into the slow cooker, making sure all the bread cubes are covered. Press on the cubes to help them soak up the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours. The bread pudding is done when a knife is inserted and comes out clean.