Back to Top
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 1/4 cup toffee bits or heath bar bits
- apples or pears, sliced, as needed
- Place cream cheese on serving plate and use a spoon to make a slight indentation in the center.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar and heavy cream, whisking until butter is melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously, then stir in salt, remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour caramel sauce into the center of cream cheese, then top with toffee bits.
- Serve with sliced apples and pears and enjoy.