Back to Top
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon pecan extract or vanilla extract
- 1/2-2 cups powdered sugar, plus more until desired consistency is reached
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease 1-2 9×5-inch loaf pans with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter and sugars (white and brown) for 3-5 minutes, or until fluffy and lightened in color.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, then alternate between adding the buttermilk and the flour mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Once fully incorporated, fold in chopped pecans, then pour mixture into greased loaf pans.
- Place in oven and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake bakes, whisk together butter, brown sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, then whisk in powdered sugar as needed.
- Pour glaze all over cake, then let it set.