Back to Top
- 1/4 cup beef fat drippings from a prime rib or other roast beef (see footnote)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt fat in a skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk flour into beef fat; cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Pour beef broth into fat mixture; increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Boil mixture until it thickens slightly; season with salt and pepper to taste.