Back to Top
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 oz each) refried beans
- 1 can (15 oz) whole black beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) whole pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery, and cook 3-4 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Add garlic, cook one minute more.
- Add refried beans, black beans, pinto beans, tomatoes, and stock and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!