Back to Top
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chipped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 zucchinis, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and carrots for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent and carrots are soft. Add bell peppers, zucchini and beans, and sauté until veggies are soft. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add basil and thyme to pot, and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Pour in tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally for 15-20 minutes until soup is just thickened. Optional: to serve, top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.