Back to Top
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup homemade Catalina salad dressing
- 1 (2 oz) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup crispy fried onions
- Homemade Catalina dressing:
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup canola or a flavorless oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk ketchup, sugar, vinegar, paprika, garlic powder, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Slowly add in canola oil, whisking constantly to combine. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk in dried onion soup mix.
- Add apricot preserves to dressing and whisk again to combine.
- Place chicken breasts into the casserole dish and cover with apricot-Catalina mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and garnish with crispy fried onions to serve.