Back to Top
- For the bread
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons each vanilla and almond extracts
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- For the topping
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 8 x 4 loaf pans.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add in milk, eggs, and flavoring extracts and combine well.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- To the batter gently add the mashed bananas. Do not overmix.
- Fill loaf pans equally with batter and then sprinkle sliced almonds and extra sugar on top of each loaf.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing loaves from pans and serving in slices.