- · graham cracker crumb crust
- 1 3/4 c graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- CHEESECAKE MIXTURE
- 2 lb cream cheese, softened (4-8 oz. pkgs)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 pkg kool aid (0.13 oz) cherry or strawberry
- 1 c sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding & pie filling (3.4 oz)
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING
- 1 1/2 c sour cream, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- · garnish- 4 strawberries, 15-20 hershey kiss candies, hot pink sugar sprinkles
- Add Ingredients to Grocery List
How to Make LADY ROSE’S FAUX PINK CHAMPAGNE KISSED CHEESECAKE
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F. I used a 9X 9 springform Pan.
- Add graham crackers and sugar to small bowl, then pour in melted butter, and mix together.
- Pour crumbs into bottom of springform pan and with bottom of measuring cup press in pan and about 2 inches up the sides till firm and in place.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 8 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Fill kettle with water and bring to a boil. Save till needed.
- When crust has cooled, line bottom of pan with double layer of aluminum foil, folding along side of pan.
- Prepare cheesecake filling by adding cream cheese, pudding & pie filling,sugar,sour cream & kool aid in a large bowl. Beat till mixed
- Crack 4 eggs and add one at a time to cream cheese mixture. Blend just till mixed.
- Pour into prepared crust. Smooth top with spatula, and place cheesecake pan into a larger pan. Carefully add boiling water till it reaches about half way up sides of cheesecake pan.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 50 minutes, then lower temperature to 300 degrees, and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Prepare topping by combining sour cream with sugar , extract, and lemon juice. Stir to blend.
Turn oven off after 1 hour and 20 minutes, and leave door slightly ajar for 15 minutes.
spoon sour cream mixture over top of cake, leaving it inside oven for an
additional 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on
Cover with saran rack and refrigerate for at least 4 -5 hours, or preferably over night, before serving.
- Top with your favorite garnish, I used 4 strawberries sliced in 3-4 thin slices from the stem, then shingled the slices, adding hershey kiss candy as extra garnish. Sprinkle top with hot pink sugar crystals if desired. Top with whipping cream if desired.
- Slice and serve.