- 14 oz caramels (50 pieces)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 3 c pecans, coursely chopped
- 24 oz pkg chocolate almond bark candy coating
How to Make BEA’S MILLIONAIRES
- Slowly melt caramels and milk together in medium size saucepan. Add chopped pecans and mix well. Remove from heat and let mixture cool for about 30 minutes to an hour. This way they’ll hold their shape better.
- Meanwhile, line two large cookie sheets with foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. Drop clusters by using a tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheets. Place in refrigerator or freezer for a few hours to firm them up. I sometimes leave them in the freezer overnight but a couple of hours or so works great, too.
- Slowly melt the chocolate bark & dip each cluster into chocolate, covering all sides. Place onto waxed paper and let harden. TIP: only take out one cookie sheet at a time from the fridge/freezer because they soften quickly.
- Note: I use the chocolate almond bark from Wal-Mart. I melt the whole package and once I have covered all the millionaires I then chocolate cover pecans, peanuts, raisins or peanut butter between crackers to use up all the chocolate.
- TIP: These freeze very well. You can even eat them right from the freezer with no thawing. Also, I use a half package each of the white and dark chocolate. This gives it a milk chocolate taste that I love.
- ALMOND BARK: Most Walmarts carry this item. You can normally find it in the baking aisle along with chocolate chips, etc. Some grocery stores and Walgreens also carry it. It comes in white chocolate as well. I have never made this candy using the white chocolate but I’m sure it would be wonderful.