- 1/3 c olive or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 c torn leaf lettuce (romaine, spring mix or spinich work great)
- 1 c tomatoes cut in wedges (cherry or roma tomatoes work well)
- 1 c cubed chicken (about 1 chicken breast)
- Add Ingredients to Grocery List
How to Make Refreshing Cilantro Chicken Salad for Two
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid (a canning jar works best), combine the oil, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes. Do a dance and shake the jar well.
- In a bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. You can add extra cilantro if you wish on top. Refrigerate any excess dressing. I have also used some of this to marinate the chicken in a separate bowl or container prior to cooking. Turned out very well.