- 1 vine ripened tomato (sometimes I mix the colors of the tomato if I can find em) you can also use cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese (if you make it with cherry tomato use the small balls of mozzarella)
- · thinly sliced prosciutto (optional)
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- · salt and pepper (a pinch to taste)
- BALSAMIC DRESSING
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (I have also used white balsamic as well)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 clove garlic (small), minced
- · salt and pepper, to taste
- Add Ingredients to Grocery List
How to Make Tomato Mozzarella Salad With Balsamic Dressing
Prepare the balsamic dressing.
Balsamic Vinaigrette ~ Very Versatile Dressing
- With a serrated knife slice the tomato and mozzarella. Slice the mozzarella a bit thinner.
- Place the tomato slice on the plate. Top with a tiny pinch salt and pepper. Place the basil leaf on top.
- Then add the mozzarella; repeat.
- I like to put the strips of prosciutto on the side of the plate.
- Then top just the tomato mozzarella with the dressing.