- 1 bunch asparagus, organic or regular
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- · salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
How to Make Oven-Roasted Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease the pan.
- Clean asparagus. You can bend the stalks and they will naturally break where they are dry. Or you can cut them above the white stalk area. Discard the stems.
- Lay the spears on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the stalks. Use a brush to coat them evenly- there shouldn’t be a lot of oil, just enough to cover them.
- Once the stalks are brushed completely with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder should be lightly sprinkled over them. Place them in the oven on the middle rack.
- Roast in a 375 degree F oven turning them at 20 minute intervals. Continue to cook them until they begin to brown- you can adjust the time if you like them less or more done. I usually use the entire hour. The size of the stalks may change the cook time as well, thicker stalks take longer than thin ones. Re-season them with salt and pepper, using a light hand. Serve hot out of the oven!