- 4 large bonless skinless chicken breast
- 4 medium limes (zest and juice for marinde) juice 1 lime for dressing, juice 1 lime for finishing dish
- 1 c chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle spices
- 1 pkg large yellow rice mix (I use Vrgo but any yellow rice mix will do)
- 1 can(s) black beans washed and drained
- 2 medium ears fresh corn (grilled on grill) you may use canned mexican corn if you do not have fresh
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes coarsely chopped (if you do not have fresh tomatoes use 1 drained can of Rotel)
- 1 c red onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp adobe sauce from chilpote peppers
- 3 medium fresh avocados sliced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp olive oil with paper towel for grill
- Add Ingredients to Grocery List
How to Make Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken Breast with Southwest Yellow Rice Salad
- Begin marinade for chicken by adding chopped cilantro to zest and juice of 2 limes mix well. In a casserole dish place 4 chicken breasts and sprinkle 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle spices evenly on all 4, followed by cilantro lime marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Yellow rice salad begins with preparing yellow rice as directed on package. When rice is done remove to a large bowl fluff. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to mix salad.
fire in grill (I use charcoal but you could use gas just make sure you
have nice high heat to start) you could also do this inside on a grill
pan if you have no outside grill!
I like to get my fire really hot all coals burning then take a paper towel with olive oil and rub grill to make sure chicken does not stick. When coals are ready medium to high heat place corn on fire grill about 6-8 minutes then remove from grill to cool. Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill. Grill 4 minutes on each side then turn and grill again to get grill marks criss crossed. Total 8 minutes on each side. Watch fire if it flames spray with water to get rid of flames. When grilling is done remove to side of grill with low heat. Then leave there to finish cooking about 10-15 minutes.
- While chicken is on low heat begin salad. Cut corn from cob and place in large bowl of yellow rice. Add black beans, garlic, fresh tomatoes, and red onion toss well set aside while making dressing.
- In food processor add adobe sauce, 1 sliced avocado, juice of 1 lime, sea salt, pulse 3-4 times until smooth and creamy then slowly add extra virgin olive oil while processor is running until incorporated. Remove from processor bowl and add to salad. Toss well and return to refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Plating start with 2-3 serving spoons of yellow rice salad topped with chicken breast that have been sliced on the diagonal top with 4 slices of fresh avocado sprinkle with ground black pepper and a squeeze of fresh lime.