- 2 stick plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp good vanilla extract
- 2 extra large fresh eggs at room temp
- 1 Tbsp bland oil like crisco or wesson
- 2 c crunchy peanut butter
- 3 c plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c cherry jam
- 1/2 c salted peanuts, chopped
How to Make Double Crunch Peanut Butter and Jam Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and dust a 9 x 13 baking pan with the 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons flour. Shake out the excess flour.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light yellow, about 2 minutes, and nice and smooth.
- With a clean hand, rub the oil on the inside of a 2-cup measuring cup before measuring the peanut butter. It won’t stick that way.
- With the mixer on low, add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Spread two thirds of the dough in the prepared pan, using a knife to spread it evenly. Spread the jam evenly over the dough. Add the remaining dough by the tablespoonful and spread gently over the jam. The remaining batter will not completely cover the jam which is a good thing since the beautiful cherry jam will shine through. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and cut into 20 bars.